Foster parents are important partners in foster care. Not only do you provide shelter but you also care for, nurture, and support the children temporarily in your care. Additionally, you may provide mentoring and guidance to new foster families or foster-to-adopt families. The resources below provide information on supports for foster parents, the fundamentals of parenting children in foster care, working together with birth families, and adopting a child from foster child. These resources are aimed at helping you succeed in this critical role.
|Domestic Foster Care Resources||URM Foster Care Resources||Foster-to-Adopt Resources|
– General Dentistry, Vision and Orthodontic Care for infants, children and teens.
– Partners with LFSRM to provide training for new foster families, as well as on-going training opportunities.
– Under “Learning Experiences” and “In-Service Opportunities,” find trainings for foster parents.
– Colorado car seat laws, installation tips, finding the proper car seat, information and support.
– Child Care Rules & Regulations.
– Resources for training and education, child welfare legislation, and links to other resources in Colorado.
– Locate daycare/preschool/before and after school/summer programs based on zip code and need.
– Locate doctors and dentists based on zip code.
– CCR 2509-8 Go to 7.708 Rules Regulating Family Foster Care Homes.
– Information on SAFE home studies, the methodology used by LFSRM.
– Find your local WIC office, get additional program information.