African American Caregiver Support Program
Caregiving can be rewarding and need not be defined by hardship, isolation, and negativity. Caregiving is deeply rooted in our culture. We don’t just provide services to our loved ones and those who are in need of care- we honor them. Our African American Caregiver Support Program provides assistance to over 200 Northeast Denver residents a year. One of the only programs of its kind in the United States, this program is provided at no charge to clients thanks to funding by the Denver Regional Council of Governments.
The 15-year-old program is designed to give geriatric caregivers a sense of control, relieve their frustration, and provide them with ways to maintain their physical, mental and spiritual health.
- Plan for your short-term and long-term needs
- Information and referrals to connect you to community resources
- Help navigate health insurance systems
- Training opportunities to increase your caregiver skills
- Local support group and annual conference
- Respite assistance